Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for small iron & rhinestone thing

Help, I am looking for a small iron to have at my sewing table with me. I have the really small one that looks like a triangle (Can't remember the manufacturer) and I even bought the travel Rowenta but I'm not that thrilled with that. I am also looking for that thing that puts the rhinestones on the quilts, I have seen them at quilts shows but don't remember the name of it. If anyone could help with either of these I would apprecite it.

I have both. I love the travel Rowenta iron. Don't know of any other that is between the travel and full size irons.

I have the rinestone heat set tool also but can't remember the name of it off-hand. It's really nice. The swarovski crystals are nice for it. And they sparkle more than rinestones. I got mine at the Paducah Quilt Show but I think they have them at Joann's or Michaels.

Blog Entries
    Check out flea markets, yard sales etc. I bought 2 very small irons (not the clover type) that are probably from the 40's-50's. One is steam capable, the other is a dry iron. Cost me $2 each. Size wise, they are perfect to take to classes. And boy, do they get hot and best of all, no auto shut off! :lol:

I am with Melinda. I got a dry iron and love it. No incontinence, no auto shut off, and as hot as it can be. Light weight and small. I got it from homedepot.com.

Well there is the clover one to put on rhinestones with. Is that what you are looking for? I have another one too because I thought I had loaned out the other one and then I found it. It is a Kandi's Professional Touch. This is the one from the quilt stores.

(ps) Lol incontinence LOL, good way to put it maride, that gave me a chuckle this morning...

I have a small iron, and never use it.

Blog Entries
    I was just at Joanns and in the one notions aisle they have a medium size iron, not the tiny one , and not full sized. I think they called it a craft iron for like $9.99. I didn't look close so don't know any more details about it, sorry

I order my crystals and tool from this gal. She is so nice to deal with and her crystals are wonderful.

http://www.cheriscrystals.com/index.html

Is what you are looking for called the "BeDazzler" It is used to attach rhinestones on to garments. Joan

Quote Originally Posted by ctmhjenn
    Is what you are looking for called the "BeDazzler" It is used to attach rhinestones on to garments. Joan
    I was thinking of that too, but could not remember the name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast