Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for something for a 70th Anniversary

Looking for something for a 70th Anniversary

My folks will have a 70th Anniversary in May. My DS, DB & myself are wanting to have a special party for them. I am looking for a project to make for them. I have already made them a, king size, photo quilt for their 60th. Now am trying to figure out what to do for their 70th. Would be so great full for any great ideas out there.

Blog Entries
    What about interlocking hearts, there are lots of different patterns out there, this one is a bargello
    http://www.lockwoodquilts.com/store/...vers_knot.html
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

how about a signature quilt or wallhanging? You could bring precut squares of a white or beige fabric to the party along with gelly roll pens or any pigma pen and have the guests inscribe a square. Then, take the squares home and make the quilt or wallhanging.

Laurie

These are all good ideas, but they already have several quilts that I have made them plus the 60th photo quilt was also a signature quilt. It had a double wedding ring in the middle with a photo or signature square in the middle of each block. Ended up with 97 pictures on it of their life together plus all their kids, grand kids & Great grand kids on it. So am looking for something a little different.

If you embroider you could get everyone to send you a sentence about or to your folks and then embroider them with the names around a tablecloth.

Blog Entries
    you could do something quite different - quilt a fitted cover for their favorite chair[s] or loveseat...
    or quilted cushions for the kitchen chairs with hearts on those.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

How about matching bathrobes?