Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
looking for... >

looking for...

looking for...

Old 02-26-2015, 05:30 PM

LOL!!! I love this forum! You ladies make my day!!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:42 PM

You say you live in rural Iowa. Just a long shot, but are you close to SE Iowa , Burlington area? I have extra fabric that I'd rather have the space it's taking than the fabric. Not really interested in making any $ from it. PM me if interested.
Originally Posted by shy View Post
First off...Hexes not sexes..I didn't proof read....BARON..it was not any ounces..it was just bags of end and piece that were left over from quilts they made for the shop to show..usually it was put in quart bags about full for 5.00..I got all sort of different material..which was great ..After the lady found out what people were using them for .She quit..I suppose she thought it was losing her money..I don't know what she does with it now..
TOM we don't have what u have..Craig's list won't help me much either..I live in rural Iowa..small small town..MANIAC..I will check. that out..thank u ALL.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:57 AM

Just for reference, I think 100% quilting weight cotton fabric runs around 4.5 - 6 ounces per yard. I use that when I try to decide if a scrap bag is a deal (shipping is always a factor). My LQS has a scrapfest once or twice a year and charges $16 a pound. No shipping fees helps (buy local when possible!). : )
Old 02-27-2015, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

I, too, am laughing out loud.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

I buy various scrap bags via ebay. Have had some really beautiful lots....Most of my vintage fabrics are sourced this way.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:01 AM
shy

CATHYVV..My kindle likes to change things to what it thinks I want..I notice it had change it..So I change it back and went on..what I didn't know was it change it back again.I wrote it in another place..It kept changing it every time I did..so now I watch closer..lol. KLO..I also got a chuckle out of it on this cold day it is 25 below zero here today..so any chuckle is helpful..
Old 02-27-2015, 10:05 AM
shy

Originally Posted by Charming View Post
Pls msg me for more details. Thanks
..not sure how to do the private message ..other than this..what details are u looking for
Old 02-27-2015, 11:14 AM

Your LQS might not sell scrap bags but you could ask if they might know of a customer that might have some they would like to sell or trade. Also if your grocery store has a free info board for customers to post notices you could put up a card stating you are looking for scraps.
Also check out the local thrift stores. These items are often donated. I have even purchased some garments as a source for stash fabrics.

Good Luck!
Old 02-27-2015, 11:28 AM

What kind of scraps are you looking for? Are you specific in width and length?
Old 02-27-2015, 06:03 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Speaking of that typo....
in my shop we used to sell small brown bags of scrap yardage - about 4 yds. We folded the top down, stapled on a label that said CHEAP S.E.X. $5, and placed them in a barrel near the check out desk. In small print we also wrote S.E.X. = Stash Enhancement eXperience. The customers, in general, loved them, often buying them several at a time!

Jan in VA