Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
looking for >

looking for

looking for

Old 08-16-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Is this what you're looking for: http://quiltsuppliesonline.com/spinn...late2x314.aspx

It seems very challenging for a new quilter. I wouldn't even attempt it unless I was going to hand-piece it and even then I'd have to be feeling pretty spunky--LOL!
I agree that is a very challenging pattern for a new quilter to try and I don't recommend it. Not only does it have curves, but the curves have bias edges and it would be hard for a new quilter to tackle. That's my two cents that you didn't even ask for! :lol:

If you have not made any quilts before, you should try with a simpler pattern such as a 9 patch or log cabin. So a search here on the board for those patterns to give you some ideas.

Welcome to the board! :D
Old 08-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Banned

i searched the name "spinning star template" and found two versious. One is curved and the other straight. I have seen the straign out demonstrated and it is easy.
However, I agree with the post above. curves will be frustrating for a new quilter. Search on spinning star template and you will get several sources for the template.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:22 PM

Thanks to all who helped looking for the spinning star pattern, I did find it on line with the help from Beverly so no need to look any more Thanks agian.STYLING