Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for a template

Looking for a template

Hoping I can explain this. Let's say your unfinished square is 4 1/2". You take this template that is triangular in shape except for the hypotn*** whatever is a real loose S shape. Cut along this S shape for two halves taking one half and matching it to a coordinating print/solid. It gives the whole quilt a wavey look. I saw this on the board a looong time ago but am just now wanting to purchase one. Hope this made sense. Can't find it anywhere. Thanks, Karen
    Never outsmart your common sense.

Karen

I don't recall this, but haven't been here very long. Post what you find out - it sounds like a fun quilt to make! oh, and it's "hypotenuse"
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

Banned
    The only "S" template I've ever seen was much larger than 4 1/2" - 9" OR 10" as I recall.

Make you own?

You can purchase wavy rulers. My dear sister got me one for Christmas this past year, but you can do your own wavy lines. Cut the width of your fabric wider than necessary. Lay both pieces right side up. Then cut thru both layers with your rotary cutter in a wavy line. Don't go too far in your dips, or it's very hard to piece back together. Then take the top right side and the left bottom piece - put right sides together and start sewing together - very slowly. Once you have them pieced, clip the curves, iron out and use your ruler to square up (hence the not to cut the pieces wider than you want the finished piece to be). Then sew the left top side to the right bottom side.
    I think is what you were asking for.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

Power Poster
    I don't remember seeing that one and I can think of a couple of ideas. Was it the "Quilter's memory curve" stuff that is like a plastic covered wire curve template maker? It bends to a shape for landscape design and your mark along it with your pencil. Or might it be a curve or scallop ruler that you use with a rotary cutter? You can also just cut a gentle S curve with just your rotary cutter.