Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for your ideas

I am working on a quilt as you go dresden plate quilt, queen size.
    I have rolled it to try and get it thru the machine to sewing the vertical sashing, but the rolled part doesnt stay put. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    I think someone has suggested the clips that hold your pants out of the way of the chain when bike riding :) I haven't tried it myself

You can actually buy those type of clips in plastic, at a quilt store. They work okay. You can also use c-clamps--just make sure you protect the fabric just in case there is rust or residue on the clamps.

Thanks for the replies. The bicycle clips are a good idea. And have been to 3 quilt shops and have not seen the clips. I know they are out there somewhere. Have started searching quilting magazines now. Thanks for the ideas.

Instead of rolling try accordion pleating it. I know some here have had luck with this technique.

Power Poster
    I accordian pleat mine and use the ginormous plastic clothespins from the Dollar store. They are easy to remove if they get in the way and I think it is easier to manoeuvre than the roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle x7
    Thanks for the replies. The bicycle clips are a good idea. And have been to 3 quilt shops and have not seen the clips. I know they are out there somewhere. Have started searching quilting magazines now. Thanks for the ideas.
    Just happen to get in the mail the new Quilters World for October, 2011 and on page 8 it says: Quilters Clamp and can buy it at: Noble Industries LLC, single pack $5.98, 3 pack $14.98, thru Clotilde.com. Just read it tonight and saw your post...hope this helps