Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost package in the mail! >

Lost package in the mail!

Lost package in the mail!

Old 09-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I sent a package of fabric out a few weeks ago and it never made it's destination. So I'm checking to see if anyone received a package from me by mistake. I'm sure I didn't put the wrong address on it but you just never know. So if you received a padded flat rate envelope full of retangles please pm me. I would just really like to know where it wound up at. It would be from Murray, ky. Thank you!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:12 AM

Nope, not me Carrie. You do a lot of mailing, so it wouldn't be surprising if it went to another member by mistake. I really hope it turns up somewhere across the country!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:25 AM

Did you get tracking? When you print the Priority label on USPS.com you get "free" Delivery Confirmation. And, when you schedule the pick up on USPS.com, they scan the package when they pick it up. When pringing the label, I also click on the box, that tells them to send me an e-mail indicating when the package was delivered.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I sent a package of fabric out a few weeks ago and it never made it's destination. So I'm checking to see if anyone received a package from me by mistake. I'm sure I didn't put the wrong address on it but you just never know. So if you received a padded flat rate envelope full of retangles please pm me. I would just really like to know where it wound up at. It would be from Murray, ky. Thank you!
take it from a retired postal worker.....those padded bags tear open very often. I always secure them with packaging tape over every inch of the bag. You should ask your local Post Office (while you still have one) about inquiring at the nearest dead letter office.
Hope you find your pkg.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I thought about the package ripping open. I do put tape on the flap but that's about all my po will allow. I know this post is a long shot but I figured it would be worth a try. BTW I can't remember I got delivery confirmation on it, I can't find the slip so I probably didn't.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

i sent a package to a friend in Georgia one time- did not bother to put delivery confirmation on it- it took a couple months to find its way to her- i'm sure she kind of thought i really didn't send it---and i was so stressed over it- then all of a sudden it appears at her address...now i always put either insurance- or delivery confirmation on them-even if it's just a box of scraps for a donation
Old 09-19-2011, 08:24 AM

I had the same thing happen sent pk to my cousin. Had special made memorial for her dead husband! I was frantic! It did take longer but it did finally get there.
I dont have it. Would have let ya know. Good luck!! Let us know WHEN you get it!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:55 AM

Good luck, the post office has been getting really bad lately. We are missing a lot of mail where I work. Once I ordered a whole bunch of stuff from a cross stitch store and it never got to me. The post office said they delivered it to me and it was scanned and left at my door. In actuality it was scanned as being delivered at 6:00 a.m. before it even left the post office (that's a no no) and they refunded my money.

I can't tell you how much money we pay at work for stop payment fees, because the check never got to it's destination.

8 months later the package shows up on my doorstep, all beat up, stepped on, torn, you name it.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:22 AM

I have a funny story about a lost package. A friend of mine on another board had sent me a package and it was a box of fabrics threads and such. Well it never got here and we both check with our local post offices and nothing was found about a month later a package came that had some stamps all over it with a circle and a line through the circle and an airplane in the circle meaning no air flight or some thing like that so it had to be shipped the ususal ground shipment. My firend was upset because it did not get shipped the way she paid for it to be shipped and such. Any way they said when they scanned it, the scannoer picked up some thing suspicious, they thought were some kind of exsplosives or some thing like that so it had to be opeend, well I don't remember the sctual details of it but it turned out to be embroidery sofware that was put on top of the fabrics in the box. It was really strange so I took pictures of the box and all and emailed it to the lady and she was supposed to get a refund as it was not shipped the way she paid for it to be shipped. We got a good laugh later on. I just don't remember all the details as it was a number of years ago this happened. So ever since this happened and when I send a package to any one, I get a confirmation so I can track it to where ever it goes. Or get it so they sign for the package. Sure saves some grief later on. Huggies, Fay