Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost Quilt Found! >

Lost Quilt Found!

Lost Quilt Found!

Old 03-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

Sorry your cousin passed on but gladded you found your treasure.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:44 AM

The lost quilt is finally home! You know, this is something like a mystery flick. About two years ago, I sent this quilt top to my cousin in Oklahoma for her to quilt it. She kept postponing getting it done, and then last October, she became ill -- progressing until she was finally admitted to a nursing home in Northwest Oklahoma. She passed away December 17. My son's cousin (who is handling my cousin's affairs) told me, back when this thread was first started that she had the quilt top and that she would send it back to me. Then, through a comedy of errors, a lady who came to pick up some quilts from my cousin's shop, accidentally picked up my quilt top and backing, and it was lost again! Then, the lady who ended up with the extra quilt top called my cousin's representative, and told her she had the extra quilt top and the backing I had sent, but it was at least 3 weeks before she got it back to Doris. Doris finally got the quilt top and backing back and shipped it to me, priority mail, and I got it back today, April 15, 2017! Wow! What a nerve-wracking experience! As far as the quilt top and backing, the ending is a happy one!
Old 04-15-2017, 07:32 PM

The embroidery looks hand done. What a lot of work you put into the quilt. Very glad you have your quilt top and back. Sorry for your loss.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:17 PM

I am doing the happy feet dance for you! Whoopeee! Yippee! I love a good happy ending!
Old 04-15-2017, 08:49 PM

What great news.