Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Lost Quilt

Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever lost a quilt that you made? I have. It was my GS 5th birthday gift. Sent it to the quilters to be quilted ( my first time payed her to ) And never saw it again. Had a lable on it But I never took its picture. It was a flying Geese.

Did you actually mail it, you said sent it. I would like more info! Pictures and insurance help, but hind sight is 20/20. I am so sorry to hear about this. It has to be heartbreaking to lose a quilt. I have only misplaced them in my house!
    How long has this been going on? :(

Blog Entries
    Two years And yes I mailed it . The quilter got it , quilted it , and mailed it back . But I never got it. Post Office gave me the money for it. But that is not the point. For now on I take a picture of my quilts. And I do all the work myself. Yes it had a lable but no picture.

Insurance really connot replace a hand made quilt. So sorry for your loss.

Report it on this site. www.lostquilt.com

Did you label include your name and city? Because if the box was damaged & the quilt fell out, maybe they didn't know where it should go.

Very sad to lose a quilt. :(

I've never lost a quilt but would be heartbroken, too. Sorry to hear of this.

I am very lucky that this has never happened to me. I currently have one that is MIA but it has to be somewhere in this house. I have contemplated many times about having one done by a professional but I like doing it myself.

Haven't lost a quilt, but did lose a beautiful apron I made for my SIL last Summer. Had it in my SUV already to mail out & my son & gdau borrowed the SUV. Since I couldn't find the big squishy, I assumed they had mailed it for me, but asked several months later & SIL never received it. Guess it fell out somewhere on their trip or one of mine. I put a lot of time in making the apron/w/full ruffle & I was sick about it.