Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost Quilt >

Lost Quilt

Lost Quilt

Old 12-04-2014, 03:10 PM

So sad. And infuriating, too!

They get stolen in transit, too.

I never tell the shippers (UPS/USPS-whatever) that its a quilt, nor do I write it on the packaging.

I say it is clothes or fabric. AND I insure them.

(I realize I'm a bit off topic...sorry)
Old 12-04-2014, 03:11 PM

The pattern is called Twirling Stars and you can purchase the pattern at:

http://colorgirlquilts.com

I love this pattern! I purchased it and its on my bucket list! No affiliation!
Old 12-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

I had finished quilting a sample for a LQS and in two weeks time, the wall hanging disappeared. I had a vest on a half Mannequin with a quilting competition between employees and someone stole my vest. I kept wondering if I would see it on someone, what I would actually do.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:22 PM

If it's the same LQS, I'd wonder about the people who work there. Has the owner said if there are any other things missing? mmmmmmm?

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I had finished quilting a sample for a LQS and in two weeks time, the wall hanging disappeared. I had a vest on a half Mannequin with a quilting competition between employees and someone stole my vest. I kept wondering if I would see it on someone, what I would actually do.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:24 AM

I doubt she will ever get those blocks back......sad, but true....

I went to website of pattern.....kind of like it, may try one block just to see...
Old 12-05-2014, 03:39 AM

so gorgeous, hope it's returned
Old 12-05-2014, 05:25 AM

If the quilt top disappeared that fast, it had to be taken by some one who was right there, either just passing by or a neighbor. So sad. I watch my quilts like I watched my kids.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:38 AM

ITS XMAS SEASON -- read that and know that lots of extra things get "lost" this time of year. Working at a LQS, we had a beautiful quilt stolen on Christmas Eve a couple years ago. Police told us that Christmas Eve has the highest thief rate of the year. Also important to Label and photograph your quilt -- without a label you have no proof it was ever yours.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

My neighbor is visually impaired. Her niece labels for her in braille with French knots. She also hand stitches along the binding with a slightly different thread color. She also takes photos. My sister-in-law found the label for her quilt that was given to her after I looked where no one went before. Inside her Dresden blade on a pink blade was a purple label. I set nothing out unless it is tacked down. ANd that is no guarantee it won't grow legs!
Originally Posted by Hulalulu View Post
ITS XMAS SEASON -- read that and know that lots of extra things get "lost" this time of year. Working at a LQS, we had a beautiful quilt stolen on Christmas Eve a couple years ago. Police told us that Christmas Eve has the highest thief rate of the year. Also important to Label and photograph your quilt -- without a label you have no proof it was ever yours.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hulalulu View Post
No kidding...DH & I have had THREE packages stolen off of our front porch in just the last week! It's gotten so bad we've gone in to all our pending orders and set them to be held at the FedEx office, including the box we just ordered that is going to contain a camera and monitoring system for our front yard & porch and a big ol' sign proclaiming that the house is under 24 hour video monitoring. Funny thing though...the particular boxes stolen were heavy and contained nothing but cat food and drought-resistant grass seed!

What they're doing, at least at my house, is leaving an empty box on the porch. My guess is they're following delivery trucks, possibly in a van or some other delivery-ish looking vehicle, and then carrying an empty box up to the porch and a full box away so as to not look too suspicious. The boxes left behind have had all the labels stripped off so I can't tell who/where they were before they came to me. Boxes from other theft victims, most likely. GRRR!