Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: For Lostn51...

My daughter found a Singer sewing machine in cabinet by a dumpster. She wants to know if it is worth anything, it works fine, is missing the facing plate over the up - down threading part, on the left side. the number is AE 812539. Do you have any other info on it? She said it was very heavy.

old singer
    Name:  Attachment-74603.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  40.0 KB

Blog Entries
    It looks like a "crinkle finish" machine, I think sometimes called a Godzilla finish.

I don't think the model is particularly collectible; however, it should be fairly easy to find a replacement face plate for the machine. It would be a nice machine for someone since it works, assuming the electrical cords are in good condition. Unless it's a collectible model, a working machine like this in a cabinet would sell for about $30 in thrift shops where I am located (urban upper Midwest).

There are vintage Singer websites online where you can look at pictures of machines and figure out the model by matching your machine to the photo. Isaacs is one good online resource for that.

singer website says this is a 66 from 1938
    I love the godzilla finish machines I have 2 of them
    these sew like a dream and don't break down!

Hi Lostn51
    These are photos of the Singerr 99 I pm'd you about. sorry about the blurry pix.

Singer 99
    Name:  Attachment-99547.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  45.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images