Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Love Fabshophop!!! >

Love Fabshophop!!!

Love Fabshophop!!!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:54 PM

I never win anything :( But I am so happy that I joined this board not long ago, and learned about the monthly fabshophop (where you look for the bunny). I found out today that I won a gift certificate from the April hop!! What a great way to add to my little stash.

If you have never hopped, I recommend it, I even have
got my daughter doing it now.

For those new to hopping here is the website to get you going.

http://www.fabshophop.com/
Old 06-16-2011, 07:07 PM

Yeah, I did my first one in May. I had a lot of fun with it. I love the sampler quilt in the June one.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:17 PM

I just heard about it this month & have been to most of the shops. Do you have to find the bunny ALL the shops to be eligible to win something?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 PM

No you don't have to find them all,
This is what it says on the Fabshophop site:
To be eligible for the Grand prize, you will need to find 130 of the 'youfoundit' bunnies.
Anyone visiting 98 of participating shops will be eligible for the random First Prize drawing.
Anyone visiting 65 of participating shops will be eligible for a random Second Prize drawing.
Also once you register they will send you a reminder email that a new hop will be starting. They do a new one each month.

I have been 'hopping' for quite awhile now. I did win a few years ago. The prize was a dozen FQ's from a shop in Texas. My daughter won a $10 gift certificate from the March one. good luck!! crafty_linda_b

Originally Posted by Bonbonary
I just heard about it this month & have been to most of the shops. Do you have to find the bunny ALL the shops to be eligible to win something?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:22 PM

Thanks Crafty Linda B
Old 06-16-2011, 07:58 PM

I did my first one in May (finished it in one night!) Mostly because I didn't find out about it until the end of the month. It's really addicting isn't it. Just finished up June's tonight. Took that one much slower ;)
Old 06-16-2011, 08:01 PM

I won a $20 Gift cert for Happy Crafters. Found a great book on Landscapes that I had been wanting. Love to Hop!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:25 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Other than finding the bunnies, was the hop fun? Did you enjoy looking at stores you hadn't seen before?

Or were you just very focused on the bunny?

(I've never hopped myself...)
Old 06-16-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Other than finding the bunnies, was the hop fun? Did you enjoy looking at stores you hadn't seen before?

If something catches my eye on the home page, I will look around. Have found some really good deals. If I'm on a shop that has a huge home page with tons of writing I just look for the bunny and leave. I don't like it when the home page is filled with everything and anything.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

I love seeing all of the different types of fabric available. For instance the ethnic prints like the ones from Australia. I bookmark a lot of favorites to come back to when my pocket book and ideas are ready for something new. I sometimes find fabric that I have been looking for that my regular stops don't have anymore. My gift certificate was for $20.00, and the shop that I won it from had some nice things that will go with a project I have in my design file right now, they had great prices so I bought a little more than the certificate was for, and I am really excited to wait for the fabric to come. The shop owner had emailed me herself that I had won, so after I shopped I wrote to thank her for her participation. I think the shop hop is so great because I learn about new and private people who are selling wonderful fabric on the net. And I don't have the time to search for a lot of shops. Fabshophop has done the hard work.