Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Love letters or envelope quilt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew View Post
    If you google HGTV Simply Quilts, there is a 3-part tute to make envelope quilts, designed by Lynda Milligan and Nancy Smith - if i could figure out how to do it, I would add the link, but easy enough to find and the quilt itself couldn't be easier.
    here is the link http://www.hgtv.com/video/easy-envel...deo/index.html
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

That is neat, never seen it before. Looks like a fun quilt to make. I will have to bookmark this one for later.

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    adorable pattern .. put that one on my bucket list of quilts to do !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

http://www.pineapplepresspatterns.com/Patterns.html

This is another pattern from Pineapple Press in Mi. Penny S (can't remember her last name) uses old hankies to make some really cute quilts.
    I like her patterns.
    jmc

Thanks for sharing the patterns...both nice quilts.

I found it online and it's printable, google love letter quilt pattern, then click on blog.fabshophop.com and there it is

isn't the net wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by hbaker View Post
    Can anyone direct me to a quilt pattern for Love letters or it may be called an Envelope quilt.
    Thank You
    Helen
    If you can email me I can send you the pattern from simply quilts. bufordquilter at aol. c o m

I have an old quilt pattern book on how to make envelope quilts and made one baby quilt years ago that was entirely different than what I've seen here. It actually was an envelope you made and then lay your quiltblock on it , turn the edges down and quilt the block into the envelope. It was fun to make and also a show stopper. the backing fabric came over onto the front of the block and made a scalloped edge to from each block. When you get the edge quilted down the block was finished and then whipstitch the blocks together. It is an interesting takealong project for when you are traveling or not able to work in a large area.

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    this is the pattern i thought of when you mentioned envelope quilt. i didn't know there was a pattern out there with actual flaps attached.
    Havplenty, that pattern you put up would be easy to change to one with flaps, I think.
    Sewbeadit
    Montesano, Washington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2