Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Love my new Machine...

Love my new Machine...

After months of researching New machines with at least an 11" throat. I finally decided & yesterday brought home a Janome 7700. This is the one with the RED faceplate, because I love the Color, it was an added bonus. This machine had been gently ( Full warranty) loved & came loaded with way more than it ever came with originally, tons of feet, the stand that attaches to the back for bigger cones of thread & a table.

I have had a Viking Designer 1 for some time now & loved her. She can sew what ever I threw her way. But I was sick of fighting the 7" throat. She will be retired to only embroidery now.

I was blow away how quiet the Janome is. She pieces beautifully. The lights on both sides of the needle, as well as the back & the throat. I can see great at night again.

I have been practicing my FMQ for months. Maybe now with more throat space I will get brave enough to try it on a quilt.

Hope you don't mind me blabbering away in my excitement. I knew you would all understand.
    ~Dana~

So happy for you and your new machine. Enjoy it!

Power Poster
    ​Congratulations on your new machine and may you enjoy many happy years together!

Congratulations on your new machine. I have the 11000 and the 6600 and love both of them. Janome makes great, user friendly machines. Looking forward to seeing your FMQ on your new red baby.

Congratulations ! I just bought a Janome 8200..it also has a 11 inch throat. I also have a beloved Designer 1 that even after 14 years still does anything anything I need but the 7 inch throat was too small. Red is also my favorite color but I had a chance to get the 8200 at a small quilt show as a demo machine that had been only used for less than 1 hour but at a great discount with full warranty. I've had a little problem doing free motion because the machine sews so much faster that my timing between my movement and speed. The 1/4 inch needle position was wrong with the O foot but figured that out as well. Hope we both love these machine for years just like the D1.

Congrats! I love both of my Janomes. Have fun!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your new baby. I have a janome and love it although it does not do all the stitches due to me dropping it. I keep it for the embroidery letters etc.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy many hours of happy quilting.

Blog Entries
    congrats on your new machine
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Banned
    Congratulations, may you have many hours of happy sewing together! How exciting!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast