Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In Love With My New Serger!

In Love With My New Serger!

Awhile back, I was looking for empty thread spools to wind cotton crochet thead onto so I could use it in my serger to edge baby blankets. Well, I received some spools and proceeded to wind the thread onto them. My serger was always pretty finicky, but went on strike with the thick thread. So I took it into the repair shop to see what was the matter. While there, I was just browsing at the new BabyLock sergers and fell in love at first sight. They offered me a great trade-in for my old serger, and since I had a little $$ stashed away for a rainy sewing day, I treated myself to an early Christmas present. I have to tell you, it is like night and day. It threads itself and handles the heavy thread without even a single adjustment. I am in sewing heaven...Now I just need some new grand-babies to make blankets for!

Oh your machine sounds wonderful! I am so happy for you. Merry Christmas.

Babylock sergers are the best.I have one also-4 yrs old and still the best serger I have ever had
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Babylock sergers are very nice. Good for you for buying yourself a wonderful gift!
    In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you're in my block of friends. ~Author Unknown

Congratulations on your new serger. So how do you wind crochet thread for the serger? I've never used anything but serger thread on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
    Congratulations on your new serger. So how do you wind crochet thread for the serger? I've never used anything but serger thread on mine.
    So glad you asked that question! I'll be watching for answer.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

Blog Entries
    Have you used wooly nylon thread? Makes an easy finished edge.

I still have the old style ..pain in the ... to thread ... One of these days ... I keep looking and drooling over the Baby lock machines. I bet you can't stop playing with the new toy. !!

There is nothing like a good serger, congratulations to you and Merry Christmas.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

For those that want to know about winding crochet thread to use on your serger......I use empty spools that I have saved for this purpose. I just watch a tv show and wind the crochet thread on the empty spools. It just feeds better when you do this. Oh and you only need to do this for the loopers. Just use regular thread for the needle.

Also congrats on the new machine. I love mine as well!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast