Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
love paper piecing!!! >

love paper piecing!!!

love paper piecing!!!

Old 11-23-2011, 05:03 AM

Default love paper piecing!!!

Just figured out how to paper piece - oh my! A new addiction for me! Granted I am starting out with a very simple pattern but i just LOVE how everything lines up. Started making a cute santa ornament. Next I found a pattern I want to try to do to make coasters. My sister (who helped create the quilting monster i became according to my dh) told me I would love it and she was so right. Now I get to show her how to do it on Saturday. We are planning a sewing day to work on our projects and use up some of the fabric we are buying on Black Friday! This week I have been on vacation and it is going by sooooo fast. I wanted to get so much done but as ususal it isn't getting done but I am having fun and the most important thing is I am relaxing.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:23 AM

I like paper piecing, it is so exact. What I didn't like, was the removing the bits of paper after you sew. My sewing room floor looked like the day after New Year's Eve. Does anyone have a better way to remove the paper?
Old 11-23-2011, 05:25 AM

I just got the hang of paper piecing a couple of months ago and I too love it. I just did a pp log cabin lap quilt that came out so nice and even. Working on pp flying geese border for a child's quilt right now.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:26 AM
KR

Welcome to the wonderful world of paper piecing! If you haven't already, be sure to check out Carol Doak's website. She is the queen of paper piecing and has LOTS of free patterns on her website. Have fun!
Old 11-23-2011, 05:29 AM

Going into my sewing room right now to practice some more
Old 11-23-2011, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

i have yet to try it. everyone loves it and they do turn out so well. i think i'll sit and play after the holidays
Old 11-23-2011, 06:05 AM

I love paper piecing and am working on three different Crazy Quilt tops at the present.....I do hate taking out the paper! I know there are thinner papers, wash away paper, and, that I should shorten my stitch (but I haven't).
Old 11-23-2011, 06:12 AM

my sister and I plan sewing days and we have so much fun, we plan a project and then just sew and sew and sew. we are already looking forward to the next one.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:47 AM

Carol Doak also has a yahoo group that is wonderful. I am also just learning to paper piece and just recently joined her yahoo group and we just finished a twisting mystery quilt that she just did starting in Sept. It was so much fun and it turned out to be a 44" (I think) sq but could be made bigger by adding more borders. She adds a lot of new blocks when the group reaches so many members and she just added a 7500 member block that looks really cool but I haven't had time to try it yet.

Have fun paper piecing, it is a lot of fun but I agree I hate the mess of taking the paper off the back
Old 11-23-2011, 07:16 AM

When I got my first paper piecing book a long long time ago .. it sat for more than a year... Then I "played" one day... OMG... LIFE CHANGING!!! It is an addiction to the perfection you can achieve ! So glad you discovered how marvelous it can really be. I will gladly deal with the mess from the paper removal in exchange for the results.