Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lover's Knot quilt ? >

Lover's Knot quilt ?

Lover's Knot quilt ?

Old 07-16-2014, 07:37 AM

Default Lover's Knot quilt ?

My grandson and his wife are here for a baby shower and I have made "baby stuff" for them for their shower. They have been married maybe 2 years. They had a little wedding that was in another town and I was unable to
attend. I think I probably just gave them money for their wedding as it was kind of a spur of the moment wedding.
Anyway, he asked me when was he going to get a "marriage quilt" and how long did he have to be married to get one (jokingly). I was very honored that he wants one and by golly he will get one, just don't know when. Oh: I almost forgot my question. I bought E. Burns book (Lover's Knot) a long time ago and thought that would be the perfect quilt to make. Is it an easy quilt to make? I would say I am an adv. int. quilter (maybe). I have made him a quilt, but he said he wanted a "marriage quilt". Gotta love that grandson. I love all my g/children. He is in the Air Force stationed in Okla. I would love to see any quilts by this pattern. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

The " Lover's Knot " by E. Burns is a wonderful choice... Most of her patterns are easy enough for any confident beginner to make - including that one.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:08 AM

There is a beautiful Lover's Knot quilt that was posted a few days ago...let me see if I can add the link.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t249854.html

If that takes you to it, it is towards the bottom of the first page.

Dina
Old 07-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

E. Burns has a video on the Lover's knot
Old 07-16-2014, 08:54 AM

Lover's Know by E. Burns is very easy and should go together quickly. Nice choice.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:00 AM

My first quilt was a Lover's Knot made in a quilting class that was for beginners and if I remember right it was very easy. It must have been or I probably wouldn't have gotten it done!
Old 07-16-2014, 10:46 AM

Lovers knot is very easy, very similar to a log cabin I haven't found it hard at all. It's easy enough for a beginner
Old 07-16-2014, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
There is a beautiful Lover's Knot quilt that was posted a few days ago...let me see if I can add the link.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t249854.html

If that takes you to it, it is towards the bottom of the first page.

Dina
Thanks for the compliment, Dina. I think you're talking about my quilt. I've had a bunch of nice comments about it. ... so many in fact that I just completed a tutorial about it today and posted it. There is another block that is called something like the real lover's knot. But I like the one that is similar to the log cabin block.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

That was one of the first quilts I ever made. I am making these placemats with some 1.5" strips using EB book Lover's Knot Placemats. I made a simple mistake by sewing the light where I should have sewn the med dark. Guess I didn't reread the instructions very well. Trying to decide what fabric to use for setting triangles.
Attached Thumbnails lovers-knot.jpg  
Old 07-16-2014, 02:26 PM

i do love that pattern! to me it is timeless..fits any decor both modern and traditional. its a real classic and you don't see it all that often lately. maybe its enjoying a resurgence and for good reason! google images for lover's knot quilt and you will see lots of inspiration for it.