Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: LQS in Old Orchard Beach Maine area?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    256
    My sister lives in TX. She will be coming to visit us while we are on vacation in Maine. She asked me to make her a Calypso jacket (Like a shawl with sleeves). I don't want her to have to buy the fabric in TX and bring it to Maine - It will end up being 5 yrs of fabric.

    I would love to just take her to the store while she is with me to pick out her fabric. Looking for fabric or quilt shops in the OOB area of Maine. Thought I'd try you guys before I google it.

    TIA

  2. #2
    Senior Member Kathios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nottingham, NH
    Posts
    587
    You need to go to one of the Marden's stores. They are a surplus store and have the best prices on fabric, and a wide selection. There is a lovely LQS in the area:
    http://www.kathiesquiltshoppe.com/

  3. #3
    Super Member feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathios
    You need to go to one of the Marden's stores. They are a surplus store and have the best prices on fabric, and a wide selection. There is a lovely LQS in the area:
    http://www.kathiesquiltshoppe.com/
    I have never been to a Mardens but I think the ones in southern Maine have the best fabric selection. It is my understanding not all Mardens have fabric but I think the one near Portland does and OOB is a stones throw from Portland.

  4. #4
    Junior Member Freddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabethann
    My sister lives in TX. She will be coming to visit us while we are on vacation in Maine. She asked me to make her a Calypso jacket (Like a shawl with sleeves). I don't want her to have to buy the fabric in TX and bring it to Maine - It will end up being 5 yrs of fabric.

    I would love to just take her to the store while she is with me to pick out her fabric. Looking for fabric or quilt shops in the OOB area of Maine. Thought I'd try you guys before I google it.

    TIA
    The Mardens in the OOB area is in South Portland, across the bridge of the Mall. It is in the Old Wal-Mart store. There is also one in Sanford, but that is further away.

  5. #5
    Super Member joym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    md.
    Posts
    1,531
    Blog Entries
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabethann
    My sister lives in TX. She will be coming to visit us while we are on vacation in Maine. She asked me to make her a Calypso jacket (Like a shawl with sleeves). I don't want her to have to buy the fabric in TX and bring it to Maine - It will end up being 5 yrs of fabric.

    I would love to just take her to the store while she is with me to pick out her fabric. Looking for fabric or quilt shops in the OOB area of Maine. Thought I'd try you guys before I google it.

    TIA
    The Mardens in the OOB area is in South Portland, across the bridge of the Mall. It is in the Old Wal-Mart store. There is also one in Sanford, but that is further away.
    is the waterville store still there? quite a ways up but worth the trip for fabric I think. But of course, So. Portland is nearby.

  6. #6
    Super Member paulswalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,103
    Blog Entries
    3
    definitely go to Knight's Quilt Shop on Route 1 - can't remember the exact town, but google it and you will find directions.

  7. #7
    Super Member hikingquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by paulswalia
    definitely go to Knight's Quilt Shop on Route 1 - can't remember the exact town, but google it and you will find directions.
    Yes! Definitely visit Knight's. It's a lovely shop between York and Ogunquit on Rt. 1. I visited last year while on vacation and bought some nice fabric.

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,606
    If you go to Freeport, try out Cottonweeds. I really love this store.
    Technically the So. Portland Marden's store is just over the line in Scarborough, I believe. If you google the Mill Store, it's just up the road or there may be directions on the Marden's site.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,234
    I wish I was visiting you - I LOVE Old Orchard Beach! An old boyfriend of mine used to have a condo on the beach there. DH also loves that part of the world. It would sure beat Phoenix right now, lol.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Freddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    286
    [quote=lots2do]If you go to Freeport, try out Cottonweeds. I really love this store.
    Technically the So. Portland Marden's store is just over the line in Scarborough, I believe. If you google the Mill Store, it's just up the road or there may be directions on the Marden's site.[/qu

    You are correct,it is Scarborough. Used to live in OOB five years ago and already I forgot the townline. I used to work in David's Bridal at the Mall.
    Also Waterville's Mardens is still there. They moved from the old factory building downtown to the old Wal-Mart store right off 95.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.