Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Lucy Boston& EQ7

Lucy Boston& EQ7

I am just starting to do a Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses Quilt (don't know if I'll do the whole quilt) and got thinking about my EQ7 program. Is there a way you can make a page of templates to print? Also, is it possible to do the blocks in EQ7? Thanks for any help with this.

I'm not familiar with the Patchwork of the Crosses. You would have to draw the blocks to he right scale in EQ7 and then you can print the templates.
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork

"Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

The blocks in that pattern are irregularly shaped, and the patches are a kind of elongated hexagon. EQ7 doesn't support that shape (although it does support regular hexagon blocks), so I don't think you could do it in EQ. You could probably draw a block if you squared off the edges, but not sure how that would help you.

Oops, spoke too soon. Someone has come up with a project file so you can do it - http://www.lindafranz.com/blog/patch...lectric-quilt/ It does look like the edges of the block are squared off.
    Last edited by dunster; 07-24-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Actually, it is possible to make irregularly-shaped blocks in EQ7, but I found it to be very labor-intensive and time consuming. How generous of Linda Franz to create a FREE EQ file for download! Thanks for the link, dunster!

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I have not used my EQ7 enough to draw the template - I will learn one of these days.

Thanks so much - this will be wonderful to be able to try different fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyD View Post
    Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I have not used my EQ7 enough to draw the template - I will learn one of these days.
    You don't have to draw it - it's already done for you! If you click on the link that Dunster provided, you can download the block for free to use in EQ. Once you download it, click on the block worktable, then click File, Print, Templates. If you click "preview" you will see the templates are there for printing.
    Last edited by Peckish; 07-27-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks Peggy - I would not have thought of going to the print menu.