Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lucy is coming home today! >

Lucy is coming home today!

Lucy is coming home today!

Old 04-11-2016, 07:16 AM

Default Lucy is coming home today!

Two weeks ago I had a piece of thread wrap around my bobbin area on my long arm and it created a head stall. While trying to clean it out, the timing was thrown out. Had to take it to an out of state shop to get fixed. The tech cleaned and timed it. When he put it back together, had a problem. Thought it was the ribbon cable so ordered that, still a problem. Ended up having to get new stitch regulator and he said it works now. I guess that was why sometime when it was stitching it would being sewing fine and all of a sudden start racing. Can't wait to get her home, up and running!
Old 04-11-2016, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Prekteacher View Post
Two weeks ago I had a piece of thread wrap around my bobbin area on my long arm and it created a head stall. While trying to clean it out, the timing was thrown out. Had to take it to an out of state shop to get fixed. The tech cleaned and timed it. When he put it back together, had a problem. Thought it was the ribbon cable so ordered that, still a problem. Ended up having to get new stitch regulator and he said it works now. I guess that was why sometime when it was stitching it would being sewing fine and all of a sudden start racing. Can't wait to get her home, up and running!
When we were in Texas this winter, far away from my wonderful serviceman at home, my machine froze up and I had to find someone to fix it. Cost a lot but worth every penny to have my machine humming along! I know you feel that way too. Sharonve
Old 04-11-2016, 10:00 PM

Glad things are working again! I have the service tech coming out this Thurs--bought the Gammill used 3 years ago and while I've done some maintenance work (cleaning and had to replace the electrical power source!) I'm afraid of the whole timing thing! After hitting a couple of rulers (argh!) and having a rats nest of thread wrapped around the horizonal wheel on the stitch regulator and now I keep flatlining when moving fast on the horizonal, I'm little worried about what he might say. Hope the $$ is too high.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:30 AM

It is always good to have things working right. Bet she feels better too!

Dina
Old 04-13-2016, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

Enjoy having her back home.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:43 AM

Two years ago, the magnetic went out on my long arm. My husband and I changed it with instructions from
APQS. The timing had to be redone. The instruction included how to do it. I was surprised that it took only one try. Thank goodness that is the only time it happened in 11 years. I am glad you have your machine back.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:36 AM

You'll feel so much happier when she gets home.