Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: M & M fabric?

Does anyone know of a good source for M & M fabric? We have been commissioned to make a quilt for an expectant mom, and the nursery will be M & M's. I checked ebay, and what I found was either too expensive or we didn't like it. I have sent Nan (Favorite Fabrics) a message.

If anyone has any in their stash that they'd be willing to part with, please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Darren

it's hard to find...I sold all mine years ago for a handsome price on ebay...

I have some but it is expensive (I paid a lot for it myself) - It would be my recommendation to mix 'n match it with other fabrics to make it go further. You might want to ask her if she has another theme she would like to do instead ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Does anyone know of a good source for M & M fabric? We have been commissioned to make a quilt for an expectant mom, and the nursery will be M & M's. I checked ebay, and what I found was either too expensive or we didn't like it. I have sent Nan (Favorite Fabrics) a message.

If anyone has any in their stash that they'd be willing to part with, please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Darren

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar

Have you considered applique? You could cut out the M & Ms from bright colored fabric. If you have access to a copier or scanner, I don't think it would be too hard to make a graphic of the logo, and that could be appliqued, as well. It might even be fun to put arms and legs on them like they have in the commercials. Just a thought.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar

Wish I could help, don't have any of that fabric...

http://www.millersdrygoods.com/produ...252dMulti.html

They don't say M&M on them but they sure look like them. THis place has a wonderful variety of fabric,very helpful people too.

Blog Entries
    I recently saw some a a Hancocks store. If you have one close...I would check there. The price didn't seem too high and seemed to be decent quality. Good luck...and wish that I could help out.

how much do you need and is there a particular print you are looking for?

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by wesing

Thanks,

Darren

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast