Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine Embroidery info needed >

Machine Embroidery info needed

Machine Embroidery info needed

Old 01-01-2013, 07:38 AM

3D and 4D run on XP. I had them both on an XP box. Dealers had trouble getting 4D to run on Vista.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 AM

Ok ... after I wrote the previous post I continued to roam the net. This is what I have found ...

SHOCKER - I was previously incorrect (opps - !!) Imagine that - lol !!

There is at least one other option - Embird - from what I see .... and here are the directions

http://www.embird.net/sw/embird/tuto...s1/vikdes1.htm

I know nothing personally about this program - but many folks really like it - there is also a demo version that you can download for 30 days. Do not have a clue as to its cost or if the demo is fully functioning but it might be worth the look see.

and ... there is another thread right here about Embird and writing D1 disks

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t155225.html

Hope this helps!!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

You are right, eparys. I totally forgot about Embird. Should be a much less expensive alternative. I recently gave my D1 to my niece and was just going to create the floppies for her, now I can tell her to get Embird. Also, going back thru the posts and thinking back, I'm pretty sure that I couldn't get 4D to work with Vista, don't think I ever tried it with Windows 7. I had an older PC so I just loaded 4D on and just use that. It's a portable so it's convenient.
Great post lots of info.

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
Ok ... after I wrote the previous post I continued to roam the net. This is what I have found ...

SHOCKER - I was previously incorrect (opps - !!) Imagine that - lol !!

There is at least one other option - Embird - from what I see .... and here are the directions

http://www.embird.net/sw/embird/tuto...s1/vikdes1.htm

I know nothing personally about this program - but many folks really like it - there is also a demo version that you can download for 30 days. Do not have a clue as to its cost or if the demo is fully functioning but it might be worth the look see.

and ... there is another thread right here about Embird and writing D1 disks

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t155225.html

Hope this helps!!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 PM

All of you have been so very helpful with information. From what has been said, it sunds like Vista may not be compatible with some of the software needed to make the floppys. I hate to put out money for software or for the Embird program if it isn't going to work with Vista....I may be out of luck. I will keep looking and hoping that something will work. Mary M
Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 PM

Default embroidery machine info PLEASE

I have did embroidery for about 8 yrs or so on and off. I started with a small machine and later moved to a slightly bigger machine brother pe770 with USB port. It tore up last week and now I'm looking for another one. I'm looking at a used Viking designer se. I'm need feed back. I've never owned a Viking and am little confused. I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows of another machine about $2000 used