Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Machine Embroidery >
  • Machine Embroidery

• Machine Embroidery

Old 04-19-2014, 11:31 AM

I like to attend a class or trunk show to see what kinds of things they are making. Also, my dealer/LQS offers a number of clubs that are inexpensive. Also, I like to view ETSY- machine embroidery for ideas. I may not use the exact idea that I see - more often it will plant the seed for a new idea of my own.
    Old 04-19-2014, 11:46 AM

Singer - I really like Eileen Roche's embroider ides and tutorials. http://dzgns.com ....and she has a blog that she gives great advice and help.
    Old 04-19-2014, 12:46 PM

If you go to sewforum.com you will find a lot of information, inspiration and free designs.
    Old 04-19-2014, 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=Hcim55;6682745]Luv it!!!!! Yesterday, embroidered on corkboard to hang in my sewing room. Just got home from Salvation Army sale, bags of clothes for dollars,to practice on different things.....lol

Great idea to practice on Salvation Army sale items. Didn't think of that. I just got my Bernina 830 back from servicing and am determined to do more embroidery since dealer promised all is fixed.
    Old 04-19-2014, 02:22 PM

You can make great clothes for yourself, friends and family by embroidering designs on T-shirts and sweat shirts. I love using variegated thread so I don't have to keep rethreading my machine. As a full chested woman embroidery on the front of my T shirts and sweatshirts have hidden a world of dribbles. You can add to the fun by using the same thread and sewing a little decorative stitch around the neckline and or sleeve edges or cuffs.
    Old 04-19-2014, 03:12 PM

I just went to a quilt show and they had embroidery software that was in the hoop embroidery and quilting combined to make stunning quilts. You use a quilt as you go method to assemble it. Hoopsisters.com was the vendor name. I just got software for an embroidery/quilting pattern called Sassy Cats (different vendor) so if this one works easily for me I am definitely going to try a more sophisticated pattern from Hoopsisters
    http://www.embroidery.com/product.ec...ctsetID=186386
    Old 04-20-2014, 01:58 AM

Didn't realize I was so blessed. Pine Needles sewing center sells Bernina machines in Cedar Rapids, IA and holds monthly Embroidery Secrets meetings every month. Chock full of new ideas etc. They also have a monthly one for Quiter's called VIP. ��
    Old 04-21-2014, 04:40 AM

I am a long time machine embroiderer, I made an Amish 9-patch quilt--every other block was solid black and I embroidered a feathered wreath on the solid black with rayon thread so that it really showed up (hard to see in the picture). I also made an.alphabet quilt using aida cloth for the letters/design block and used a child's alphabet (this was made for my great granddaughter Madison). Also have incorporated machine embroidery in other quilts, table runners, etc. Love emblibrary.com designs--very dense, but stitch out beautifully. I have an 8-year old Janome 9700 and would not part with it ever--a very user friendly machine...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]472502[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]472506[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails nine-patch-amish.jpg   100_1936a.jpg  
    Old 04-21-2014, 06:51 AM

Designs by JUJU is a great site.
    Old 04-21-2014, 08:40 AM

go to www.designsbyjuju.com she has bible verses FREE I make what I call bible totes out of canvas and they are too cute and I'm giving my secret pal one tonight at my quilt guild meeting. There are about 37 verses.