Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
machine embroidery >

machine embroidery

machine embroidery

Old 05-31-2015, 05:07 PM

Default machine embroidery

just purchased new digitizing software and I love making appliques, especially for baby quilts. what are rules for using pictures to make applique designs? couldn't find a certain pattern ( site no longer exits) so used pics and made my own for my own use... now people want to know if I will share... legit? I said sorry' no because not my pics

Last edited by Katiedid2; 05-31-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

There are several yahoo groups that are specifically for embroidery digitizers. Might get a better answer there??
Old 06-01-2015, 02:57 AM

What was the source for your pictures? That will determine if you can share. If you digitized copyrighted images for machine embroidery I would not share the files. That would likely be an infringement. Not worth the risk, IMHO.. Besides you know after you share....they will share your files too.

I am not an attorney.

sandy
Old 06-01-2015, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

You are obviously concerned with the issue of copyright and want to do the right thing. If the image belongs to someone else, you are not entitled to digitize it, even for your own use. Instead you could come up with a similar image that shows your own creativity and doesn't involve copying someone else's work. If you enjoy digitizing, and you are apparently are quite good at it judging by the reaction of your friends, you might consider creating your own images for digitizing. Then you would have a product that you could legitimately share - or sell.