Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine and frame options in the 2k$ range >

Machine and frame options in the 2k$ range

Machine and frame options in the 2k$ range

Old 06-24-2011, 02:45 PM

I am looking at machines and frames not long arm but 9-13inch harp(bigger if I could have it lol)

I have a small house so queen size frame would have to do it. There is so many out there I do not know what is good in that price range. The machine and frame can be bought separate what ever is cheapest.

I figure that is I save every penny (that includes no more buying fabric lol) from my month allotment and my little house cleaning job I do once a week. Then I should be able to buy in in a year or 2 .

I just want to see if its do able to buy something in that range, if not then why even save. When I say save I mean not spend even 1 penny from my monthly allotment for 2 years :shock:

But my arms are too weak to push a quilt through my machine most days and I do not have the money to send out to be long armed so this is what I have come up with.

What do you guys think any reviews on machines in that price range? Remember the cheaper the less time I have to save lol
Old 06-24-2011, 03:14 PM

Bailey makes a 13" Home Quilting Machine - no frills and a good little work horse. You get this machine from the man who builds them and then service like no other company can offer. Call Chuck on the phone and he answers all questions and helped you through any problem you encounter, most of which is part of the learning curve.

Ask any Bailey owner....you will find a lot of them at the Bailey yahoo group.

June in Cincinnati
Old 06-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

this man also sells on Ebay. he gives excellent customer service. i bought my juki from him. after the purchase, i heard that he takes a lower price if you ask him for it.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

I had the same problem. It was getting to hard to quilt large quilts on my regular sewing machine so I acquired my system in pieces. I went through http://www.sewvacdirect.com/. First I bought my Juki machine. The larger throat helped a lot. The next year I bought a Grace frame. Even more help. This year I bought a stitch regulator and I love my system. I couldn't have afforded to buy it all at once but doing it this way worked for me.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by june6995
Bailey makes a 13" Home Quilting Machine - no frills and a good little work horse. You get this machine from the man who builds them and then service like no other company can offer. Call Chuck on the phone and he answers all questions and helped you through any problem you encounter, most of which is part of the learning curve.

Ask any Bailey owner....you will find a lot of them at the Bailey yahoo group.

June in Cincinnati
I can vouch for this!! I have a 17 inch Bailey and I've have had some problems with it. I called Chuck (the owner and mfgr.) and he sent me a brand new machine and paid for shipping both ways...AGAIN! They really stand behind everything they sell, no question about that. Service is everything after a sale. If you call Chuck to inquire, ask about his classroom models. They are deeply discounted and have only been used for a few classes.