Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Machine quilting frame?

Hi -
    Anybody know of a nice frame to use with a regular sewing machine?

Thinking of wishing for one?

Are they really expensive? Longarms out of the question.

I know I can do theis without a frame just by bunching or rolling the quilt. :thumbup:

Thanks in advance.

I was looking at the Little Gracie II myself which I saw for $595. So I will be interested to hear what others say.

You could look for Frames on your local Craigslist. I have seen some on mine.

I have a Grace frame and the only issues I've had with it were that it was used and the previous owner wasn't super careful not to strip screws. (It's a metal frame.) I really like being able to have it set up full length and can do quilts from baby to 110". The carriage for the machine is adaptable to many machines. Mine has a 9" throat but down the road I'll purchase a longer one!

I have a Grace frame that I got off Craigs list for not much and just love it. I have a Pfaff 79 that I quilt with till I can get something with a larger throat.The frame makes all the difference when quilting the larger quilts.

i got a grace pinnacle with all the accessories worth $3000 on craiglist for $700

Quote Originally Posted by liminanc
    I was looking at the Little Gracie II myself which I saw for $595. So I will be interested to hear what others say.
    I was looking at that frame too, then hubby saw the Grace Mini Pinn one for the same price & it's not made of wood. He worried about the wood eventually warping. We have it set up in the crib size, in the extra, catch all, bedroom & I love it! I don't do lots of large bed quilts, but figure I could do them in sections, if I ever needed to. But I love this size, the frame is great, & the price was great! Do not buy one from the Grace Co. You can find great deals on them elsewhere! I think mine was around $500, somewhere in that range anyway. I have a Viking Sapphire 830 I use on it, & they work very well together!...

Quote Originally Posted by happymrs
    Quote Originally Posted by liminanc
    I was looking at that frame too, then hubby saw the Grace Mini Pinn one for the same price & it's not made of wood. He worried about the wood eventually warping. We have it set up in the crib size, in the extra, catch all, bedroom & I love it! I don't do lots of large bed quilts, but figure I could do them in sections, if I ever needed to. But I love this size, the frame is great, & the price was great! Do not buy one from the Grace Co. You can find great deals on them elsewhere! I think mine was around $500, somewhere in that range anyway. I have a Viking Sapphire 830 I use on it, & they work very well together!...
    Thanks, I didn't think about the wood warping, but that would be a big concern.

I would not be too concerned about the wood warping. It's multpile layer birch, much like a high grade birch plywood.