Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: machine quilting

Could you please tell me how you end a line of stitches when you are machine quilting? :?: Thank you :-)

I'm new to quilting but if I can I stitch off the quilt. If I have to end in the middle of the quilt somewhere, then I make the last few stitches teeny-tiny/stitch in place, pull the bobbin thread up and cut. I then knot the tails and bury the knot in the quilt sandwich.

Good question for me. I just machine quilted a quilt for the first time. I ended off leaving a length of thread, brought it to the back and tied it 3 times. I then inserted it into the back into the batting to hide the ends, approximately 5/8 inch.

I did this method as I made this machine on a 1930 Vintage Sewing machine that has no reverse!

I am anxious to hear the proper way of doing this.
    :) :) :) :)

Blog Entries
    It depends on what I am doing. If I am doing a loop-de-loop or something like that and have to stop in the middle for some reason I just stitch in place a few times, not enough to make a knot of thread, but enough to hold it. If I have just completed a stipple or something like that in a block I always end with a swirl and just back tack. Trim or bury thread ends.

I just stitch in place a few times and that takes care of it.

Thank you very much!!!! :lol: :lol: