Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Machine Recommendations?

Machine Recommendations?

I ma looking for a new sewing/quilting machine, mainly quilting. I have hand me down machines;Sears Best Kenmore that is approx 47 years old, and a Kenmore model 385 that my mother in law gave, she bought it at a estate sale. Neither one quilts well, and I am about to lose my mind. I sew all sorts of stuff for my daughters from dresses to stuffed animals. Please help me I am overwhelmed!!!!! I am leaning towards Janome since I have a dealer not far from me and from reading other posts.

Thanks,
    Jamie

Please see my recent post regarding a very affordable Janome

Janome 49360 from HSN

Hope this helps.

If you have a dealer near you I would definitely go there and try out machines. I honestly think that having a great dealer is one of the most important things. Take a charity quilt or something with you and really try it out if you decide to go that route. Of course with all of the help you can get on this board - that is like having a zillion great dealers.

I have a Viking Mega Quilter, not the longarm but the short arm.I love it for everything! It is a little heavier duty which makes sewing heavier seams easier. It stitches at a higher speed than most machines too. It sews with any brand of thread and makes beautiful stitches!

Blog Entries
    I love my Janome 6500.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

I have a Viking Platinum - about 12 yrs old. I don't machine quilt - except for a few smaller things - so no help there. Otherwise it's a dream. Auto tension is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I sew other things besides quilts and it's a dream to work with. There have been a couple of recent threads here on the board as to methods of going about selecting machines. Sorry-head is a little fuzzy this AM with the beginnings/edges of a migraine so I'm no help with a search right now. Maybe someone else can help with that. Good luck in your search.

I love my Janome Horizon 7700! Can't say enough about it. Wonderful machine. I would buy from a dealer that is close by. My dealer gives free lessons on the machine for the life of the machine. Really helpful. Good luck.

Depends on $ you want to spend and functions you want. What ever you get Enjoy!!!!!

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I spent quite a bit and bought the Bernina 830 and it is perfect for quilting and piecing and embroidering. You may be able to find one used that is more affordable. They come with BSR.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I have two Baby Locks and love them both. My bigger one I use most of the time. It is 5 years old; have never had a problem with it; does embroidery also; cuts automatically; threads automatically and tells me when the bobbin is running out. I would not own anything other than Baby Lock.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast