Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Machine with Walking Foot- Is it worth it?

DM has a Jenome that she bought a few years ago for about $300.00. She thinks she needs a walking foot and does not want to buy a separate one for her machine. She does not want to fiddle with the walking foot attachment. Do you think a walking foot makes that much different in piecing quilt pieces? She is not doing any quilting... thanks for taking the time to give me your advice. I don't want her to spend any extra money if it does not make that much difference.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I have one on my pfaff and I love it. The other machine I use most doesn't have one and it does make a difference especially with flannels and stretchy fabric!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    If she isn't going to do machine quilting I wouldn't think she'd need one. A regular foot is fine for piecing blocks.
    Hope this helps! :)

Blog Entries
    I have a Janome for around the same price, bought it over ten years ago, wonderful machine.

I do use a walking foot on it and very happy to use it. You don't have to buy special Janome walking foot.

Go to any sears store and look for Kenmore Sewing machine attachments. There is a little box with a walking foot and a few other feet in it.

For only around $ 19.95. Kenmore is related to Janome, it will fit. I use the walking foot on my Janome and on my daughters Kenmore.

I use the foot when quilting on putting binding on.

Hope this will help, it's also not a biggie to attach the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    I have one on my pfaff and I love it. The other machine I use most doesn't have one and it does make a difference especially with flannels and stretchy fabric!
    I agree! It also helps when you are sewing clothing and are using the fancy fabrics that slip and slide.

Blog Entries
    you definitely need a walking foot when putting on binding, and definitely if you do any stitch in the ditch. I think it's a must have

Blog Entries
    A walking foot comes in handy when sewing flannels and even clear plastic for totes.

I have gotten so I use the walking foot for my Juki more and more. I do not like uneven stitches and the walking foot really helps keep them nice and even.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I love mine.. Its sooooo worth it

I got a Pfaff because I was using stretch fabrics to make dance costumes,, Necessity!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast