Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Maderra Serger Thread

Maderra Serger Thread

I was in my LQS yesterday and she had Maderra Serger Thread in stock in many colors. I think it is a Poly wrapped thread. She told me she uses it all the time on her Baby Lock long arm. Has anyone else tried this thread? I bought one spool to try it. I'm hoping it works good as it is reasonably priced and she has it in stock in many colors.

I have not but will be following this to see how other feel!

Are you certain it's SERGER thread??? Lots of quality threads come on cones, both poly and cotton threads. Just because it's on a cone doesn't mean it's a serger thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Are you certain it's SERGER thread??? Lots of quality threads come on cones, both poly and cotton threads. Just because it's on a cone doesn't mean it's a serger thread.
    The sign above the display said it was serger thread and I even questioned the owner of the LQS that told me she uses it all the time on her long arm. I always had the impression that serger thread was thinner but this thread seems to be a heavier weight. I'm anxious to try it. I almost have a quilt top pieced so I can try it. I just looked at the cone and it says: Madeira Premium Serger Thread - 2000 yds- 100% polyestor --Aerolock.

I use serger thread on my Innova, as a matter of fact I use any kind of thread on it, so far she's sewn very well with anything I choose to use.