Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magazine

What is your favorite quilting magazine. I want to get a subscription but don't know which one?

cjc
    I love McCall's Quilting. They have a good variety of patterns and the directions are excellent.

Banned
    i like american quilter and quilting arts

My personal favorite for ideas is "Quilt". For entertaining reading and info, "Quilter's Home".

I used to subscribe to six or seven. I didn't renew any so am down to three. I'm just in the mood now to hunt them down on the newsstand, just because, then we I get out of that mood I'll start subscribing again to just my favorites and hunt the rest.

My favorite is whatever one I can get my hands on here.
    The "bookstore" and I put it in quotes because to me, it's not really a book store. Yes, they sell books, but mainly have ones that are a few years old and it takes alot of time to get a new one ordered from them.
    The Navy Exchange here does sell quilt magazines, but only 3 of them and they only get 5 copies of each. UGH!

Blog Entries
    I like the Fon's and Porter magazine and American Quilter.

I like Fons and Porters magazine for patterns and such but for a great read I get Quilters Home. It is so fun to read.

I have subscribed, at one time or another, to Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting, Quilter's Newsletter Magazine, and American Patchwork and Quilting. I have also picked up and read other quilting magazines from time to time, including some from Australia. Each magazine seems to have it's strengths and weaknesses. Buy some on the newsstand that appeal to you and read them. Then decide which one has the quilts and articles that interest you the most. A one year subscription is usually about the same price as purchasing a magazine 3 or 4 times at the store. If you find yourself buying the same quilt magazine over and over again, you should subscribe!!

Blog Entries
    McCalls Quick Quilts :lol: Of course when I am out shopping I find I pick up one or two or three or four :roll: off the racks !
    Sharon

I have subscribed to all of the above, but my favorite is "Quiltmaker".

Barb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast