Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Magnetic Sew-On Snap

Magnetic Sew-On Snap

Has anyone used the Dritz Magnetic Sew-On Snap on their purses?

I made a Mini Bow Tucks, but decided not to put on the flap and button. Now I want to put on a magnetic snap, after the fact. I guess the magnetic snaps are usually put on the back of the lining before it is completed.

Has anyone used the Dritz Snap? Can they be machine sewn, or do you have to sew them by hand. I would like to machine sew them if possible, as I think they would be stronger. Any suggestions anyone???

Thanks, Jeanie

I don't know what brand it was, but the type I use has two prongs that go through the fabric. Then you put a round disc over the prongs, then bend them down. You have to have access to the back side of your fabric, but they are really easy to use. Then I sew a circle around the snap through both layers of fabric to give it strength. I've used them several times and have been very happy with them. Got a 12 pack at Joanns for a few dollars.

When I make my bow tucks, I put a magnetic snap on before sewing the bag together. I have never used the Dritz Snap. Sorry I can't help you.

I used my Singer 201 to sew them on. It sewed right through the rubber with no problems.

Blog Entries
    I bought some but have yet to use them. the sew in kind.

Wink

JeanieG,
    I just noticed we spell our name the same! Except I'm a JeanieD. I have not tried the snaps, just noticed the similarity in our name.
    Jeanie

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I use the dritz ones and they have to be put on before you sew the lining in.

Quote Originally Posted by Taughtby Grandma View Post
    JeanieG,
    I just noticed we spell our name the same! Except I'm a JeanieD. I have not tried the snaps, just noticed the similarity in our name.
    Of course my name is Jean, but mom always spelled it Jeanie with only 1 "n". Everyone wants to put 2 "n's" in it. LOL