I have been thinking about this since the directions were posted on the Board. Yesterday I tried it and like it a lot. I measured 2 1/2 inches from edge and put pins in. I then cut out the corners. I folded the end up to meet the pins and sewed very close to the edge of the hem. I cut slits (to the stitch line) 3/8 inch apart. Starting at one end, I pulled the first flap over the second, the second over the third - went around the corners the same way and then put the last flap over the very first and tacked it down. My learning experience:
1. Turn to right side to make braid
2. Be sure to use matching thread in machine
3. Do not make flaps narrower than 3/8 inch
4. Making flaps 1/4 inch made a larger and heavier braid. I like the small one.
5. Keep flaps from twisting.
6. You can use a large crochet hook. I just used my fingers.
7. I like it very much. It is a great way to end a single layer fleece blanket.
This is "Barbie" size. Hope you can see the braid.