Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Making this kit as a comfort quilt...NEED HELP!!

Making this kit as a comfort quilt...NEED HELP!!

I'm making this kit, http://www.overrainbow.com/cgi-image...erts_promo.gif
    as a comfort quilt for my best friend's mom, who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer.

I LOVE these mouthwatering fabrics! However, the kit I bought didn't come with the backing!!

It is called Pink Strawberries and it is from the Just Desserts Collection by Diane Knott for Clothworks.

Any and all help finding this fabric would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Thank you in advance for your time!!
    Last edited by QuilterMomOf3; 04-01-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

Connecting Threads has some fabric from this line. Also a search for "pink strawberry fabric" on ebay comes up with some that would probably coordinate nicely.
    Last edited by marymm; 04-01-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Did you search www.quiltshops.com? You don't have to use a fabric from the same line. You could use any pretty floral or a nice geometric on the back. It doesn't have to match. For that matter for a chemo patient you might even consider a flannel in a color that goes with the top.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
    Did you search www.quiltshops.com? You don't have to use a fabric from the same line. You could use any pretty floral or a nice geometric on the back. It doesn't have to match. For that matter for a chemo patient you might even consider a flannel in a color that goes with the top.
    Flannel backing is an excellent idea. The chemo rooms are always cold and the patients really feel it. Also, the flannel backing would be less likely to slip off the patient.

No. California. The foothills of the Sierras.
    I agree. It definitely needs a flannel backing. I would to help keep her warm.
    Sue
    Face the sun and keep your shadow at your back.
    And it never hurts to keep an angel on your shoulder.

What about a Minky back? Or partial Minky back?
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

Minkie or fleece either one would be so cozy.