Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ?? on making a landscape quilt

Blog Entries
    I am making a baby quilt in landscape form...a scene with a boy fishing. I am laying out design on a white piece of fabric...that I think is cotton poly. My other material in design is mostly cotton.
    I plan to glue it all on and then applique stitch the pieces down on white and...my question is put a backing on as I applique or later?

If this process is wrong in any way please offer advise direction or instruction....thanks.

can't wait to hear from you all.

You will finish your applique then put the batting and backing on and quilt it.When you say glue do you mean use a product like heat and bond to hold it in place.When you are appliqueing it is good to use a product like stitch and tear behind your piece to keep it flat for stitching then you remove that after the applique is finished

Quote Originally Posted by christina d
    You will finish your applique then put the batting and backing on and quilt it.When you say glue do you mean use a product like heat and bond to hold it in place.When you are appliqueing it is good to use a product like stitch and tear behind your piece to keep it flat for stitching then you remove that after the applique is finished
    Ditto...remember the stablizer when doing your hold down stitching...be it blanket stitch or straight stitch.