Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a Nursery Rhyme quilt in twin size

My name is Lori and am in the process of planning my first quilt. I would like to make a nursery rhyme quilt for my grandson for next Christmas he will be 1 year old but I was thinking of making a twin size quilt so he could use it for years. I want to embroider a picture of each nursery rhyme probably 14-16 of them. I was thinking of doing the picture on one block then the next block embroidering the words to the nursery rhyme but cant find any transfers like that can you help, I am having trouble finding the pictures as well. I probably could draw them but would like to save a little time by getting the iron on transfers instead if possable. I would be putting a solid color beteen each nursery rhyme. Please let me know if you have seen anything like what I am looking for.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Welcome from NC! Someone here will be able to help although I can't.

Thanks. beautiful quilt.

Blog Entries
    I'm no help with your quilt but would like to welcome you to the Quilting Board:)

I'm in Texas

Thanks

wow, you're tackling a big project for your first quilt. tee hee What about the fabric sheets you can run thru an inkjet printer? can you find pictures/words you like on the computer that you could paste into a word document, then just print them out on the fabric sheets? I've used them many times and even though they are kinda pricy, they work great!!!

Wow that sounds cool. So with the fabric sheets they are the actual square that you will embroider on. I seen the ones that you make into transfers then iron them onto the fabric but if I can print it directly onto the fabric that would be just wonderful especially with the words that was my biggest problem. Thanks a whole lot.

Blog Entries
    Hello from Western Maryland !!

hi from texas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast