Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Making a quilt with lame' fabric >

Making a quilt with lame' fabric

Making a quilt with lame' fabric

Old 11-25-2016, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
take a piece of your lame and try ironing a bit of interfacing to it. use a teflon pressing sheet or something over it. if that works, cut our your squares and sew them in. anything to help it stay firm and stop the edges shredding. good luck.
Thanks, Nativetexan. To complicate things, this particular quilt is paper pieced. I'll test a few blocks before I get into it too far. I don't think I'll be able to do my usual freezer paper piecing, but I'll try that first just in case it works. The paper would be pressed on the wrong side of the fabric, or in this case on the interfacing side, so it might work.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Fons & Porter just had a show where the guest explained his technique for using different fabrics. In the quilt shown, he used lame and denim. In the same quilt. He used a fusible stabilizer on the lame. They did not mention the brand, just watch the temperature of the iron and don't iron on the lame side.
The Fons & Porter show is the only quilt show that airs in my area and my DVR is programmed to record all of them. I watched a couple of them last night while coming out of my turkey coma and that episode was one of them! It was just what I needed to decide to give it a try.