Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Makower Fabrics

Senior Member Sarah in Brooklyn's Avatar

Makower Fabrics

When I was in Taos this spring I found an awesome quilt shop an bought some gorgeous Makower fabrics for a bag. The patterns were very subtle abstracts, with some shiny gold bits. The selvege says they're part of the Henley collection. I've been looking online and all the Makower fabrics I can find now are very different - cute, but less abstract and elegant. I'm curious about whether the company changed its direction or if it's usual for a company's designs to change so radically. Also - any ideas where those older fabrics might be available? The Taos shop doesn't do mail order.

MTS
    Banned
    Maybe you'll find the print you're looking for here
    Just search for Henley Makower .
    http://www.quiltshops.com/

Looks like a wide range of prints.
    It's pretty subjective - the cuteness factor. ;-)
    Good luck.

I was hunting for some Makower Fabric earlier this year, and I found that they are mostly carried by UK quilting stores. This one https://sewsos.co.uk/ was fabulous in my opinion - average prices, but shipping was the most reasonable I've seen, and service was great. Don't know if they'll have what you are looking for, but I do recommend them. Also, Makoweruk.com, in case it's a current print.

A picture of your fabric might enable people to help you search.

Senior Member Sarah in Brooklyn's Avatar
    I'm not looking for anything in particular yet - I just cut up the fabric for a bag and was curious about how different what Makower is offering now looks. There sure is a lot of fabric out there! I'll bookmark those sites, and if I need some more of this, I'll post photos.

Thank you !