Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: male quilters

male quilters

I'm a freelance reporter for the Ashland (Ky.) Daily Independent. I'm trying to find a male quilter who lives in Boyd, Carter, Greenup or Lewis counties in Kentucky or the Huntington, W.Va. areas for a story I hope to write. I'd appreciate the help.

Ray Schaefer
    Last edited by Up North; 05-01-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Personal information removed use PM

I can't help you with anyone personally, but you could do a bit of research into quilting guilds in the area, or check with local quilt shops....they may know of someone with your specs!

If you come to Baton Rouge we have a male quilter in our guild that is also a teacher of quilting. He has entered quilts in the Houston International Show many times. Thanks PS He always wins ribbons

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Do we have a way to look for QB members by state any more? That might help this reporter.

Also here is the internet list of quilt guilds in his state: http://www.quiltguilds.com/kentucky.htm

Scroll well down the page for the list of guilds by location.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Seems to me a reporter would have much better/easier/smarter ways to research male quilters in his/her own area than to go on a large international message board and ask members to volunteer information about other members without asking permission. Things are not always what they seem on the surface, just saying.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Seems to me a reporter would have much better/easier/smarter ways to research male quilters in his/her own area than to go on a large international message board and ask members to volunteer information about other members without asking permission. Things are not always what they seem on the surface, just saying.
    I agree and second that notion.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Hmmm...guess I am just naive. I think he is just researching for a story. Ray, if I am right, you might find a local quilt store or go to a quilt meeting. Male quilters have to buy fabric somewhere.

Dina

I agree. A reporter ought to have a better idea than coming to a quilt board and asking questions.

Folks, this is a logical place for someone with no knowledge of quilting to start looking for someone who quilts in his/her area.

Now, Ray, why is this story to only be about a male quilter? Plenty of great female quilters out there. Suggest you include both a male and female quilter in your story.

The ideas of looking for Quilt Guilds and asking at local quilt shops in your area are both good ideas, Ray.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There are several male quilters on here. I'd say the thread title will attract their attention and someone just might reply.

I agree with the idea of looking for local quilt shops. That would be a great place for some information.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast