Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: marking chalk?

Banned
    Blog Entries

marking chalk?

This weekend in Dallas I watched a demo on using the Hancy POUNCE pad! Now, I have used Miracle chalk for years and love it, but it is only in white. The Hancy pounce comes in blue and now even LIGHT blue! I feel the two products are very similar, but would like to hear from those who perhaps use both or use the Hancy blue products!

PS..I just LOVE those Hancy stencils as well! I don't think I bought nearly enough of them!

would love ot know more about this!

Will be watching this thread, have not heard of Hancy's Pounce

I have not heard of Hancy's Pounce, sounds very interesting.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    both the Hancy white pounce and the Miracle chalk pounce are easy to use and come off with an iron! The blue pounce powder has to be washed out!
    http://www.fulllinestencil.com/ for the Hancy products
    http://www.miraclechalk.com/ for the miracle chalk

Blog Entries
    sounds a lot easier to use than the pounce
    Nancy in western NY

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    sounds a lot easier to use than the pounce
    I think it is THE pounce..which by the way, pounce is just a name..you actually SLIDE the pad across your stencil!

Not a fan of the blue pounce , if you iron at all while the blue is on the fabric , it may never come out... Just a heads up . I found out the hard way. Now I am much more careful.
    Love the stencils , and have had good luck with them. I found both "chalks" to have less "stay power" with starched fabrics. Note you do have to prime them , by pouncing several times to work the chalk into the pad.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    Not a fan of the blue pounce , if you iron at all while the blue is on the fabric , it may never come out... Just a heads up . I found out the hard way. Now I am much more careful.
    Love the stencils , and have had good luck with them. I found both "chalks" to have less "stay power" with starched fabrics. Note you do have to prime them , by pouncing several times to work the chalk into the pad.
    the directions say that the blue can NOT be ironed, it has to be washed out! Everyone was asking the demo lady that same question over and over...she said that is their #1 question when people call asking why they can't get the blue out of their white fabric! She said, if you iron it, instead of washing it, then you have to soak it in vinegar over night and then wash and that should remove it all!