Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Marking pens

I need some recommendations for non permanent marking pens. What is everyone using? I'm a new quilter and I need help.
    Beverly
    (from Ky)

I like the water soluable marking pens. Mark-B-Gone is one of them. I mark the quilt, stitch on the lines and then spritz it with water and the marks are gone. I also use and air soluable pen if I don't want to wet the fabric or if I have just a little bit to stitch. The marks disappear as the ink dries. On dark fabrics, I like to use a Clover chalk pencil. The marks are easy to get off by brushing them or by washing them off. Always test on a scrap BEFORE you mark your quilt. Once in a while, I have drawn the design on tissue paper and stitched through the papaer. Then tear it away. There are lots of ways to mark a quilt but besure you can get the marks out easily first.

I use a Fons and Porter mechanical pencil. It comes with dark and white lead, and works great!

I love the clover chack one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    I use a Fons and Porter mechanical pencil. It comes with dark and white lead, and works great!
    I use this as well, and also the chalk pencil. Have the pounce for more intricate designs.

thanks you'all. I will try them.
    Beverly

I have used one that faded away after a while. I didn't like it because sometimes it faded before I was done. I use a chalk one now or a pounce pad if I'm using a stencil.

Blog Entries
    I like chalk and the Fons and Porter set too :D:D:D

I use the water soluble Mark B Gone in blue for light fabrics and the Clover white for dark fabrics Just spray with water and they disappear, trick is not to let the ink set for days and do NOT press because it sets it.