Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: marking your quilt

marking your quilt

What type of marking pen do you use to mark your quilts? Do they iron or wash out especially on white fabric?

I use stencils with plain old chalk. I can't mark very large areas at a time, but it removes very easily. I use the color chalk on white or light fabrics

Sewline ceramic mechanical pencil with interchangeable leads. They wash out, or you can erase the marks. I like them because they don't have to be sharpened.

i use the frixion pen as much as possible - they iron out. I have also used the fons & porter ceramic white pencils for some dark areas. Regular graphite lead works well too - just have to remember to make it light enough, it usually will rub out by the time I'm done hand-quilting it.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

KR
    All of the above but I really love the Frixion pens! Also use the blue markers and occasionally Crayola washable markers.
    Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift....that's why it's called the present.
    Karen

I use the blue washout marker...always comes out with a short soak in cool water.
    Happy Stitching! Kim

We use crayola washable markers. Besure to quilt it right aways and wash it immediated two times on normal with laundry detergent. You can also use pencils (the special type for quilting) but I find it is harder to mark and the point keeps breaking.
    Anna Quilts

Mainly the blue washout marker or the purple air disappearing one if I am doing a small project right away.

I buy the blue marking pens (sometimes purple) but it seems as though they run out of "ink" very quickly. So I've been experimenting with different devices to see what I like.

frixion pens all the way! I have used the purple pen on white fabric and it irons out right away every time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast