Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marshall Dry Goods....Stressing A Point!!!

Banned
    ANYONE ANYBODY YOU ME HER OR HIM can buy from the wholesale side!!!! You do not need a tax number or have to own a business!!!!!! And you don't have to buy full bolts....they have partial bolts starting at 3 yards and up!!!! I only buy from the wholesale side and I do not have a tax ID!!! Your really missing out if you make the trip here and don't go in the wholesale section!

Thanks, Marsye!! I just wish I lived closer!! Next time you go on a shopping trip take pics of your fabulous buys & then I'll feel like I went shopping with you & have a stash to die for,lol!!!

Thanks for the comment, I'm sure it will help some peeps here.

Where is Marshall Dry Goods? I might be able to visit it on a trip sometime. I went to the site, but saw the wholesale and thought "can't buy, no number" So it's good to know you can buy from wholesale.

so i want to know how the prices are, what's the difference?

Blog Entries
    Yep, I asked the first time I was there. I got an extra discount once because a woman from St. Lewis, MO. was buying for a quilt shop there and somehow my bolt of fabric was added to her order. She bought me another bolt at her discount. She had a van full of fabric bolts! I forgot the name of the shop.

From N Florida, my friend & I will travel to Marshall's in late Aug or Early Sept. We plan road trips about 4 times a year, this will be our furthest jaunt. We are excited about it and plan on spending a few days. Have quilters will travel!!

Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    ANYONE ANYBODY YOU ME HER OR HIM can buy from the wholesale side!!!! You do not need a tax number or have to own a business!!!!!! And you don't have to buy full bolts....they have partial bolts starting at 3 yards and up!!!! I only buy from the wholesale side and I do not have a tax ID!!! Your really missing out if you make the trip here and don't go in the wholesale section!
    It doesn't get any simpler than that. :D thanks!
    Now, I think a vacation is long over due to Arkansas... it was in the early 90's since we were there, and we loved every minute of it. The 5th wheel has a nice big basement so I shouldn't have any trouble finding space to pack YARDS and YARDS of fabric. I am sooo glad to find out about Marshalls! :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    check out their ebay store, too. it'll give you an idea of their prices on whole bolts.

http://stores.ebay.com/Marshall-Dry-Goods-Co-Inc

just a note ... i'd recommend against those "Quilters Blenders". at $3.49, they're not a value. i bought googobs of them a few years ago. they're very pretty to look at, but thin and stretchy. they don't shrink when you wash them but they do act strangely when you press them with a hot iron, whether you prewash them or not. wierd but true.

however, if you can find them for around $2.50 a yard, you'd be getting what you paid for.

Thanks for letting us know about the online!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast