Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Martelli Rotary Cutter???

Martelli Rotary Cutter???

I have arthritis in my shoulders and it is literally a pain to cut fabric. I have seen this rotary cutter but would like to hear from anyone who uses it. Does it make it easier on you to cut fabric? Is it worth the cost? Thanks!
    Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!

I bought the left handed one. It was in a clearance box, at a quilt show, so I only paid $10. I couldn't get used to it, though in all fairness, I didn't give it much of a chance, so maybe I'll dig it out and try again.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I have had 3 shoulder surgeries. I love my Marteli Cutter. It is much easier on the shoulders than any other cutter I have used. I even used it a few times while in a sling after surgery (don't tell my Dr or my DH) It is also good for cutting while sitting down. I used to do all my cutting sitting down until I got my cutting table. Though, I need to go back to sitting down while cutting or buy a really really nice mat for the floor. My feet can't take standing for very long.
    That said, I highly recommend this cutter.

My Grandson Joshua Peter John was born December 20th. I am now Grandma to 3 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

I have one, only used it a few times, I really like it.
    The Trike Riding Quilting Diva

Like the cutter and LOVE their cutting boards

Yes, I love my left-handed one. I have RA in my hands and regular old arthritis in my thumb. This cutter really works best for me.

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    I have both left and right handed one as I can cut from either side with either hand. They may take a bit of getting used to but I really like them.
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Blog Entries
    I have three martelli cutters and love them! I don't like any of the others now. Definitely worth the price.
    Every Sunrise brings a blessing

I didn't care for mine.

I have one and at first, it seemed really awkward. So I watched the video and did EXACTLY what the guy in the video told me to do (and what not to do). After an hour of practice or so, it finally "clicked" and now I really like it - can tell the difference in my right hand (I have carpal tunnel), especially if I have a ton of cutting to do. My hands are no longer aching after a long day of cutting, piecing, sewing, pressing, etc.

HOWEVER, for strips, I still prefer my June Tailor SHAPE CUT PLUS Ruler with a regular rotary cutter.
    Proud owner of "Fifi" - my Pfaff Ambition 1.0

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast