Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Martelli Zip Clip Gun

Has anyone ever used the Martelli Zip Clip Gun for quilting.

It is worthwhile getting?

They look like paper binder/bull clips without the metal clasps to open to clip.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I bought it at a quilt show several years ago after watching a fun demo (love those Martelli Guys) using another tool. It was the end of the show and I was about out of spending cash so this was the cheapest tool to buy. I love this thing. I bought the small size and it works great holding the binding on. You don't need many clips, they pop right off and back into the gun in a flash. I've used it every binding since and it still works like new and the clips still hold. It is so much better the the binding clips that look like hair clips, they don't move. Just my opinion.

I am going to look into this.

Blog Entries
    me too

I have a small one of these with a package of extra clips for sale if anybody wants them $7.50 includes postage and they are yours. PayPal. Just PM me.

Here is a link about them. http://www.thesewbox.com/catalog/ite...93/6886913.htm

Blog Entries
    Funny,I've never seen one of those.

I love the clips, can't say as much for the binding system.

Quote Originally Posted by mzmama
    I love the clips, can't say as much for the binding system.
    WE still haven't figured that out and the guys at Dallas this weekend were way to busy to demo it and show us. Waste of money.

Kristie

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Yes, I bought it at a quilt show several years ago after watching a fun demo (love those Martelli Guys) using another tool. It was the end of the show and I was about out of spending cash so this was the cheapest tool to buy. I love this thing. I bought the small size and it works great holding the binding on. You don't need many clips, they pop right off and back into the gun in a flash. I've used it every binding since and it still works like new and the clips still hold. It is so much better the the binding clips that look like hair clips, they don't move. Just my opinion.
    So you use them around the edge of the quilt to hold the top, batting & bottom together? Do you still use pins in the center of the quilt?

Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    So you use them around the edge of the quilt to hold the top, batting & bottom together? Do you still use pins in the center of the quilt?
    Yes, you use them around the edge to hold the binding down while you sew it. You should already have the center of the quilt, quilted.