Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marti Mitchell >

Marti Mitchell

Marti Mitchell

Old 01-08-2014, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I agree with Linda in Missouri. Marti's templates are very high quality and well thought designed. However, unless you have a specific quilt in mind that you really need the templates for, I would not purchase them. Most quilts can be made with just "standard" rulers, which almost always have lines on them for 30, 45, and 60 degrees. I purchased a number of special purpose templates when I first started quilting, and they're all still sitting in a drawer, unused.
I agree with you ladies! `There are always new rullers coming out that will make your life easier and your pocketbook lighter. With a little effort most standard rulers can be used for most cutting. So save your money to buy FABRIC , patterns and good basic rulers. I bought the rulers to go with a MM pattern and of course have not made the pattern or used the rulers.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:36 PM

I want to thank everyone for giving me the info to help me make my mind up. I do remember some time back there was a discussion on here about the MM Templates. I do apologize for miss-spelling Marti Michell's last name. Since you have explained to me just what kind of templates/rulers they are I agree with most of you that I need to invest in some good rulers and squares and save my money for material

Once again thanks so very much and have a good evening.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
I agree with you ladies! `There are always new rullers coming out that will make your life easier and your pocketbook lighter. With a little effort most standard rulers can be used for most cutting. So save your money to buy FABRIC , patterns and good basic rulers. I bought the rulers to go with a MM pattern and of course have not made the pattern or used the rulers.

I would generally agree with this advice but there are some ,me, who just love the convenience of the shortcut ruler. Not every quilter understands how to use the basic rulers and the indications on them. This Board is loaded with inquiries on "how to" do something. If memory serves me, Marti Michells' background is math. I dont discount her expertise. She is very talented and fun. I have sat through a few of her lectures. Her enthusiasm is contagious.

I struggled through Algrebra in High School. I figured that this required subject would keep me from graduating college. I had a college professor who understood that different minds process info in many ways, this instructor taught Algebra using three techniques. One of those techniques connected with my brain. I was grateful to FINALLY have a math teacher understand that not everyone gets it. I earned my degree on schedule, thanks to her expertise and my determination to "get it".

Sandy