Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mary Manakee Pattern >

Mary Manakee Pattern

Mary Manakee Pattern

Old 01-01-2010, 08:29 PM

Happy Holidays to all of you in this forum. I hope that 2010 is a great, safe and healthy year to everyone.

I am sorry that I have not been online for quite awile. I have stuck my nose in to see what everyone is up to. I am continually gob smacked and humbled by the things all of create. You are all an inspiration in different ways. I am in truly awesome company.

I have been busy making Christmas gifts for friends and family. Plus, Bob and I spent 2 weeks in Perth, Western Australia with friends. My husband is a freemason, and Perth had their Grand Installation in November, 2009. So, of course, as 1 of our great friends was participating in the Grand Installation, we had to go and support him!! He (Ian and his wife Margaret) totally spoiled us!

Our Christmas and New Year celebrations were spent with family and close friends. A good time was had by all.

As soon as I am able, I will post photos of the quilts I have made in the past several months.

I have a huge ask of you all. I have been in contact with the DAR Museum in Washington (I think) for a copy of the Mary Manakee Quilt Pattern. Unfortunately, they do not ship overseas. Is it possible for someone on this board to get the pattern for me and send it to me please? I will transfer the money to cover costs to a nominated bank account as soon as I know how much to transfer. I would be very appreciative if someone is able to help me please.

Thank you for reading my ramblings. A safe and happy 2010 to you all.

Kind Regards, Dianne
Old 01-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Power Poster

That is a GREAT quilt :mrgreen: I am sure someone will be able to help you
Old 01-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas a New Year.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:26 AM

I will order the pattern and send it to you if you'd like...send me a PM and let me know? :)
Old 01-03-2010, 04:08 PM

Hi Charlee,

that would be wonderful! Please let me know what the total cost is (pattern, postage + whatever running around costs also) and where you would like the money put/sent to and I will spirit the funds to you toot sweet (LOL). You are a treasure.

Kind regards, Dianne
Old 01-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

That's really sad that a museum doesn't have one person that would take the initiative find out the cost of postage and let you send the mailing cost with the pattern cost. All they would have to do is plop in the mail on the way home.