Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: masculine quilt

Blog Entries

masculine quilt

Trying to find a simple yet masculine type quilt pattern. I am not expanding very fast in the pattern area but saw one on google that brought me here but now signed in can't find it. Was green and browns real pretty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Evelyn in Sequim
    Evelyn

I did one for my son - a Disappearing 9 patch - in greens, teals and browns. This is the photo before I did the binding, just used a chocolate brown for that. Name:  nicks9patch.jpg
Views: 3748
Size:  24.8 KB

Using any simple pattern will work. The D9P is a really very good example of a simple pattern. I just finished a pattern called Yellow Brick Road that was also very simple to make especially if you like scrappy. I believe that is will be the use or selection of your fabrics that will give a quilt a masculine touch to it. PLAIDS are great too!! Good Luck !!!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Was it this thread, scroll down a bit

Quilt pattern ideas for adult son?
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Blog Entries
    The thing about a quilt being "masculine" or "feminine" depends on the fabric way more than it does on the pattern.

That said, DP9 has become my latest favorite pattern. It would be great for your purpose. But then so are Jacob's Ladder, assorted Star patterns......oh the list is long. Just leave off the ruffles and you're golden. lol
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

I also think a log cabin pattern, again predicated on more 'male' fabric choices lends itself to the more 'masculine' patterns. At least I hope so since that's what I've done for a friend's son for his HS graduation!