Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: match cutting mat and tools by name?

It's VERY IMPORTANT to match everything, especially if it's the person who made the line selling it! Get it?? If I'm Fons &Porter, I want ALL your $$$, "don't you go & buy a June Taylor shape cutter"!!! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
    Ha-ha! Cute. I can tell you that after 20+ years of quilting I have never thought to consider it a problem. I use what ever mat, scissors, rulers, cutters, etc. happen to be handy or I know to work best for the task. I mix and match and mix-up tools all the time. In fact, I don't worry about anything at all: just pray, play, have fun, sing, quilt, say a rosary, read, do nothing, do everything at once, whatever I'm in the mood for! Do not worry! Part of quilting (for me) is that it's relaxing and helps me to forget or deal with my worries.
    You got the right attitude, if we all quilted with this attitude we would all be happy and no one would have high blood pressure .LOL :P

Gosh... I hope not. I have trouble matching my socks!

I use whatever my hand falls on... or fits the job. Green ones, yellow ones, clear ones, frosted ones. I DO, however, always use the same ruler or same brand of ruler during one project. UNLESS it's a WIP. If it's a WIP, then I have no stinking clue about which ruler or which cutter... or sometimes, which fabric I was using or planning to use!

My mind... a scary place to be! :mrgreen:

If it is on sale I buy it. I don't really look at the brand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2