Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Material amt for Fabric Fling

Pattern states needs 25 different fat quarters. How do I decided how much yardage to buy instead? Also do I really need 25 different designs. Has any one made this quilt and what material and amounts did you use? Thanks

Blog Entries
    25 FQ's or 25 quarter yards of fabric.
    You could use less, but would need to double up on the fabric.
    13 half yds for instance :D:D:D

i will look at it and see what i think i looked maybe you could figure fabric yardage from how many strips you need

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shotnurse
    Pattern states needs 25 different fat quarters. How do I decided how much yardage to buy instead? Also do I really need 25 different designs. Has any one made this quilt and what material and amounts did you use? Thanks
    The pattern calls for 25 fat quarters. The very first one I did, I did use 25 fat quarters of Batik fabric. All of the rest of them I did not use fat quarters instead, I bought 1/2 yard of fabric of as many fabrics as I wanted to use but for sure I bought 7 different ones. YOU need 225 strips to make the quilt. In 1/2 yard, you can get 8 or 9 two inch strips WOF.

Thank you all for the quick replies and the help. Will probably buy too much as I amafraid to run out. But can always use the leftovers somewhere! Thanks again.